Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Inspiration from Nehemiah

I am awaiting a big decision, that I have no control over.

This weekend we attended our old church, North Way, while visiting in Pittsburgh. The message was about Nehemiah when he was clueless on how to go about handling the fallen wall around Jerusalem. Nehemiah chapter describes how he wept before God, suggesting a posture of humility. He sat before God and was still. He prayed to God which involves both speaking and more importantly listening. And he discerned God's will through fasting.

A long time ago, I decided to take a few days off from work before I began my rotations again on Monday. But what I thought would be time spent relaxing and bumming around, will now be time spent praying, discerning and fasting. The timing couldn't be more providential, as the decision is most likely to be made at the end of this week. Since I am unable to fast food all together since I am hypoglycemic, I have decided to fast Facebook, as it serves as a distraction in my life. I will also be fasting sweets since I have been enjoying them waaaay too much lately and this sweets habit seems to be spiraling out of control.

Friends, if you are reading this, please join me in prayer.

1 comment:

  1. After surrendering this decision completely to God, and after making decisions that shifted the control out of my hands and into the hands of the Lord, I am happy to report that the best possible outcome occurred! God has proven His faithfulness over and over!

    ReplyDelete