Saturday, October 24, 2009

The first of many confessions

I'd like to confess that recently I've done something that was partly out of my own selfish ambition. The reason is complicated and rather personal (although I'd probably share it, if you asked: I often share my deepest, dirtiest secrets with others, to keep me accountable.. if I feel shame telling it to another human being, it makes me realize how much I'm hurting my Father and hopefully prevents me from doing it again. I encourage you to find someone to keep you accountable as well, if you haven't already).

Philippians 2:3, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."

I can't say that I consider myself better than this person, but they have caused me some pain in the past, that carries into the present.

The absolutely precious thing, is that even though my motives were wrong, a great thing is going to come out of this. God is and will be glorified in this situation. I find it so incredible that even though I screwed up, others will benefit.

Friends, I am not saying this is lift myself up or to say that I've done anything good. I am saying this to show how God uses us even when we mess up.

No comments:

Post a Comment