Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gym time

I met a friend at the gym today for yoga. I had a wonderful time of relaxation during yoga and used the time to allow God's peace to penetrate my heart. Reluctantly, I stayed after for some cardio time. I begrudgingly mounted the elliptical, and promised myself I'd run for 10 minutes.

At first, my attention was caught by the tv that was positioned directly in front of me. Music videos with half dressed women and conceited pop stars played and soon I became frustrated.

Then, the man on the elliptical next to me had a visitor. As I listened to the two curse incessantly, I seriously toyed with the idea of pointing out to the men the "etiquette tip" that flashed on the screen about not cursing in the gym. I grew increasingly hot; and not from my work out.

I then made the conscious decision to overt my eyes from the tv, and overt my ears from the conversation.

And I began to pray.

Soon the 10 minutes I committed myself to were up, and for fear that my incredible prayer time would cease, I just wanted to keep running!

My ten minutes turned into a half hour. I went to the gym with the intention to tone and refresh my body, and ended up leaving with a refreshed spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment