Sunday, January 15, 2012

Enduring love

During worship, I try to think about what I am singing and meditate in the truth of the words I sing or make those words my prayer.

Today I was particularly struck by the words "forever His love endures."

Typically I think of the word "endure " as relating to physical activity. Endurance training... Enduring through a marathon race, etc.

Or I tend to think of enduring as it relates to our difficult circumstances. Enduring through a series of unfortunate events... Enduring through grieving the loss of a loved one, etc.

I was then hit with the reality of our expectation of endurance. It's fleeting. It's temporary. It lasts until the race is over or until our "luck" improves. But God's love for us endures forever!

What does forever mean? How long is God's love enduring?

God knew each one of us and loved us before time began; before he created the world and certainly before we were conceived.

...God loved us then.

God loves us just as we are, in this very moment. Despite our disobedience; despite our lack of faith; despite our rebellion; and despite our imperfect love.

...God loves us now.

God's kingdom has no end, so he will love us for all of eternity.

...God will love us always. Forever.

Now that is some incredible, enduring love!

No comments:

Post a Comment