Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Yearly physical

Today I have a yearly physical scheduled with my doctor (okay, maybe it's been a little more than a year). I arrived at 9:10 and am still waiting to see my PCP as I write, at 10:15.

During my waiting time, I read through several devotionals on my iPhone and spent time in prayer for the employees of this family practice and their patients .

By the time the hour mark hit, it didn't feel like I had been waiting for an hour, however I did start to become slightly irritated that I could have slept an hour more or that I wouldn't be paid for an extra hour of work.

Then I realized how much Christ is a part of every little thing I do.

I began to imagine how someone who didn't know Christ would handle the same situation. I imagine that if I did not know Christ, I would have responded with anger and extreme frustration. Instead of using the extra time to be filled up with Christ, I would have been drained by feelings of unfairness and being slighted. I wouldn't have been strong enough to summon peace and contentment into my own heart during this ridiculously long wait.

By the way, it's been an hour and 20 minutes and I'm still waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Ana! I know Christ, and I still probably would've still been angry! Next time something like this happens I need to remember this!

    ReplyDelete