Sunday, June 12, 2011

Something's Missing

God calls us into obedience to Him. He calls us to follow the principles the Bible teaches.

I've spent the last year or so reading about the ways in which I should be obedient and tying up loose ends in my life in attempt to make my heart more like God's. Through these efforts and God's grace, my spiritual life has been excelling in the way of obedience, yet I've been missing something.

I've been missing just sitting before the Lord quietly soaking up His presence and peace.

I've been missing being in tune with the Spirit.

I've been missing the sheer joy of falling in love with Christ deeper each day.

Today it hit me that since I've been a servant to obedience for so long, many of these things have been internalized in me. I don't have to concentrate on them as much in this season of life, freeing me to experience God in other ways.

I've been feeling very called to become more dedicated to prayer and quiet time with my Savior and am excited to experience a deeper and more fulfilling relationship with my Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment