Sunday, June 12, 2011

Delicious Dinner!

Well friends, I have once again neglected to blog for quite some time. I have 8 drafts, and no new finished product!

Tonight, this shall change... I made a delicious dinner tonight that I just have to share. I made cherry BBQ chicken with a sweet rice, and potatoes.

We don't have many groceries right now, so I decided to be creative with the spices and condiments we already have in our kitchen. Lately, I've been enjoying making "semi-homemade" dishes, using store-bought items and then adding my own flavor into it! So, that's pretty much what happened.


Chicken:
marinate in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce,
just a little ranch dressing, sweet cherry wine and grill

Chicken glaze:
start with a small slab of butter, add cherry wine, BBQ sauce,
and brown sugar (there probably should be a specific order to this,
but I didn't do anything in particular) and simmer on low,
stirring occasionally until you are ready to put it on the chicken

Potatoes:
red and white small potatoes cut in cubes, seasoned with paprika,
red pepper, black pepper, lemon juice, just a little brown mustard,
agave nectar (may substitute with honey or brown sugar) baked at 350F until golden,
then sprinkle parmesean cheese and bake for another few minutes

Rice: 
cook rice as directed on package, add in extra cherry wine,
molasses, lime juice, cilantro, pepper (mulitple kinds for a little fun), and craisins

That's all folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment