Friday, March 16, 2012

Pirated mind

This morning I woke up and my mind immediately went to a dark place. It was flooded with dark waters of a reoccurring negative thought/memory. I took a shower, and began to pray during my shower, but somehow slipped back in to the negative thought; playing out scenario after scenario in my head. And then I realized, my mind was pirated and being held captive. 

Out loud I said "NO" and pointed my finger (At who? I don't know). I wouldn't stand for it.

Not today. Not any day.

The enemy knows my weakness, and he likes to use this one against me quite often. He especially likes to pull out this nasty little thought process when I have an empty schedule, but a full plate. He attempts these tricks when I'm alone... he attempts to isolate me. When I have so much to do... he attempts to rid me of productivity that I so desperately need.

So today, this was my prayer. I repeated it over and over again...

Lord you are my God, You are my King.
I submit to none other than you,
including my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment